Position: Kansas City Royals Baseball Operations Senior Analyst, Quantitative Analysis
Location: Kansas City
The Kansas City Royals Baseball Club is seeking a highly motivated and creative analyst to develop models and methodologies for use in decision-making by the Baseball Operations department. The ideal applicant will have expert knowledge in machine learning and other modern analysis techniques for use in leveraging baseball data to provide a competitive edge and innovative solutions to the Kansas City Royals.
- Perform advanced statistical analysis on large volumes of baseball data in order to aid in Baseball Operations decision making.
- Systematize usage of different data sets by extracting key information through probabilistic modeling.
- Create reports, charts, tables, graphics, and other tools to deliver information to staff.
- Aid the Quantitative Analysis department in usage of best-suited statistical techniques for future and existing analytics.
- Monitor latest statistical and baseball research in order to implement the most cutting edge techniques.
- Use findings and methodologies from independent baseball research in developing metrics.
- Work with amateur and professional baseball staff to provide the most relevant statistical support.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in mathematics, statistics, or related quantitative fields.
- Specialized training, certifications, or published research are a plus.
- Up to date knowledge of statistical analysis techniques and experience with experimental design.
- Experience manipulating (through database systems such as Oracle or MySQL) and analyzing large data sets.
- Knowledge of baseball and baseball data (Trackman, Statcast, medical/athlete monitoring) is highly preferred.
- Ability to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours during the baseball season is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of work materials and issues as appropriate..
- Proficiency with the following tools and/or software is required: Python (specifically TensorFlow and NumPy), R, MATLAB, or similar, and SQL or MySQL scripting.
Please apply here.