Position: LA Angels Assistant Baseball Systems Developer
The Assistant Baseball Systems Developer will help build and maintain application and database systems to assist in the decision making process of the Baseball Operations Department.
- Work with the current development to team to help design, develop, improve, and maintain new and existing applications and data systems.
- Develop web-based applications displaying data at multiple levels of detail.
- Design ad hoc SQL queries to facilitate baseball operations.
- Implement and optimize advanced algorithms for player projection from software prototypes.
- Continually work with baseball operations staff to identify features and areas of improvement within the player information system to facilitate a user-friendly research tool.
- Integrate new information sources and multimedia displays into player information and tracking system.
- Communicate results to appropriate staff members through presentations, written reports, and tools.
- Other duties as assigned by members of the Baseball Operations Department.
- Experience with at least one object oriented programming language, preferably C# or Python.
- Familiarity with SQL querying and database design principles (experience with Microsoft SQL Server a plus).
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and industry best practices.
- Working familiarity with advanced statistical concepts, particularly those relevant to sabermetric player projection techniques that include experience implementing statistical calculations, derivations, and graphical representations into software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
Please apply here.