Job Posting: Milwaukee Brewers – Software Engineer, Baseball Systems
Software Engineer, Baseball Systems
As part of Baseball Systems, the Software Engineer will collaborate with the Player Development team to assist in developing our athletes. This position requires strong software development skills and experience, as well as a demonstrated ability for independent thought and the willingness to work within a team framework.
Core duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver highly dependable, easy to use software while being part of a fast-moving team.
- Design and develop new features to deliver key athletic performance measures for the Player Development department while collaborating with Data Engineering, Tech Operations and Research & Development.
- Collaborate with the Pitching, Hitting, and Defense coordinators on tools for evaluating player performance and delivering player feedback.
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience developing APIs in C# or other similar languages
- worked with relational databases
- familiarity with Git version control software
- A love of sports
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field from four-year college or university; and up to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Baseball Systems is the software backbone of Baseball Operations. We provide data and decision-making tools for analysts, coaches, and front office personnel to help win a World Series.
- Our department consists of a team of data engineers and a team of software engineers who work across all different aspects of Baseball Operations providing support and tools relevant to each group.
- We work directly with stakeholders in every department of Baseball Operations to ensure every project we work on drives value to the organization and helps us win more games on the field.
- We help drive technical innovation to find new ways to solve baseball problems
What will you do each day?
- Design and develop new features or maintain existing features in our internal web applications.
- Squash bugs quickly.
- Collaborate with Baseball Operations staff to plan new features and ensure requirements are met.
- Develop walk-throughs for non-technical users to familiarize them with new features.
- Watch baseball.
You come here to make a difference. We are a purpose-led organization, focused on building an inclusive and engaging culture that fosters excellence, collaboration and ingenuity. We strive to be a model employer and cultivator of talent, empowering our teams to drive innovation through the inclusion of diverse thoughts, ideas and perspectives. We operate at the highest standard of excellence, investing in the development of our staff across all levels and embracing differences through a culture of respect and understanding.
We are proud to offer a highly competitive perks and benefits package including:
- Exceptional health and dental rates, and fully covered vision package
- 401(K) match and an additional annual contribution from the Club
- Unlimited vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Collaborative recognition program and incentives
- Leadership development programming
- Online educational platform for personal and professional development
- Employee Resource Groups
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Year-round diversity, equity and inclusion training and development
- Brewers Home Game tickets, promotional giveaways and other discounts!
For more information about our Crew, other benefits and insight into our Club culture please visit our Careers Page.
To apply, please follow this link.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by the Milwaukee Brewers.
David Appelman is the creator of FanGraphs.