Position: Seattle Mariners Baseball Analytics Intern
We are seeking an individual with a background in statistical analysis and a passion for baseball. The position will work directly alongside the analytics team on a wide range of projects, providing ample opportunity to directly impact front office decision-making. Start and end dates are flexible, and we will consider applicants who are available for only the summer of 2018, but preference for candidates that can start by Feb. 1.
- Statistical modeling and analysis of a variety of data sources including Statcast, Trackman and proprietary data sets.
- Ad hoc queries and quantitative research.
- Various game-day duties and support for all departments within Baseball Operations.
While many candidates are no doubt capable, we desire a skillset that can impact, innovate and add value immediately. Specific qualifications include:
- A strong foundation in mathematics, statistics, computer science and/or engineering.
- High level of experience with either R or Python.
- Track record of original baseball research.
- Experience with any of pitch level data, hit vector data, biomechanical data.
- Experience with predictive modeling.
Please apply here.