Position: Sports Info Solutions Research and Development Internship
Location: Coplay, Pa.
Sports Info Solutions is looking for candidates to fill a paid internship in our R&D Department in the summer and fall seasons. Ideally, the candidate will be available in early-to-mid June through the end of the year. The intern will work out of our office near Allentown, Pa., and will assist our R&D team, supporting research for publications and future products. Recent R&D interns have landed internships and full-time jobs with major league teams.
The position requires a variety of skills including (but not limited to) an analytical mind, computer expertise, writing ability, and a passion for football and baseball.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Familiarity with contemporary football/baseball/sports analytics and research.
- Analytical/Mathematical ability.
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office programs (or equivalents), especially Excel.
- Experience with MySQL, SQL Server, or similar databases.
- An ability to write and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- An ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience with other statistical packages (e.g. R), programming languages (e.g. Python, .NET), and/or graphical visualizations (e.g. Tableau) would be a plus.
Please apply here.