Position: TrackMan Analytics/Operations Intern
Location: Stamford, Conn.
Join TrackMan’s team as an Analytics/Operations Intern for TrackMan Baseball, a US based sports technology firm. You will take on a critical role in a small, fast moving entrepreneurial company that is breaking new ground in sports.
In this position, you will primarily be responsible for reviewing TrackMan data from a significant number of MLB, Minor League baseball, NCAA stadiums and numerous amateur tournaments during the 2016 baseball season. You will also have the opportunity to perform statistical analysis as directed.
We are hiring on a rolling basis, and the internship wraps up at the conclusion of the Major League baseball season, with the opportunity to stay on for further projects. Candidates with only summer availability will also be considered for a shorter term internship.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to break into the baseball community and get experience with data available exclusively to professional baseball teams. Full training is provided and you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with members of the TrackMan staff and interface with our partner teams. Weekend and evening availability is important.
- Excellent knowledge of baseball.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with others.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Statistics, Mathematics or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of databases, SQL, and R statistical software.
- Experience working with large baseball related data-sets.
- Python or other scripting language experience is a plus.
This position is compensated.
Please email TrackMan.