Position: Data Analyst
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Trackman Baseball is seeking an experienced and proficient Data Analyst with an interest in monitoring, analyzing, presenting, and communicating system performance of TrackMan’s stadium tracking systems. The Data Analyst will be part of TrackMan’s Data Quality and Support team based in Scottsdale, AZ and work collaboratively with the global organization to ensure Trackman’s global network of hundreds of stadium systems are operating within specification and exceeding Trackman customers’ expectations.
The Data Quality team and Data Analyst are responsible for the process, methods, tools, and activities related to analyzing and assessing the data quality of TrackMan’s baseball stadium tracking systems. The Data Analyst will support efforts in specifying requirements and managing the tools used to proactively monitor and assess system performance, and work closely with engineering in building and supporting such tools. The Data Analyst will both regularly leverage automated tools and conduct a more detailed and thorough analysis of system performance and lead internal efforts to resolve any system performance issues. As a key member of the Data Quality and Support team, the Data Analyst will take ownership of any issues, drive resolution, and communicate situation and resolution to both internal stakeholders and baseball customers.
The Data Analyst will be knowledgeable of Trackman customers’ use of TrackMan baseball data and drive continuous improvement to the process and tools used in supporting the business. In addition to oversight of daily monitoring and quality checks, the Data Analyst will leverage leading data and statistical analysis methods to quickly conduct ad hoc and specialized analysis on both customer and internal driven questions and issues, and demonstrate sound analysis and strong presentation of findings.
In short, you will be responsible for:
- The day to day proactive analysis of stadium system performance, identifying potential issues and working with tiered support organization to quickly evaluate and resolve.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis of game data and quickly react to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Provide clear and strong communications internally and externally on all system-performance related matters.
- Provide strong and trusted data analysis.
- Specify requirements for future tools to guide the R&D efforts.
- Development and reporting of quality metrics
- Guide peers by offering support, advice and best practices recommendations on all data analysis topics.
- Designing, deploying, and documenting data quality procedures and their outputs
- Act as a strong advocate for quality through all processes and deliverables.
- Join conversations with key customers and partners.
- Refine a methodology for assessing the quality of system performance.
- Drive investigation, analysis, and resolution of all quality issues reported by internal and external customers using a data-driven approach
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of baseball analytics
- Good communicator (of data)
- Work well with cross-functional and global organizations
- Lead internal efforts to ensure all TrackMan systems are operating in spec
- Business/requirements oversight of all data quality analysis tools (software and business intelligence reporting)
- Lead internal efforts to proactively evaluate hundreds of tracking systems leveraging data analysis tools
- Flag potentially poor performing systems and lead internal efforts in evaluating and resolving any issues in a timely manner
- Work with TMBB organization in communicating data quality updates and status with customers, highlighting the impact on TM data and resolution plan
- Quickly analyze and evaluate systems and concerns raised by customers or partners
- Driven to support Trackman’s customers
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- The chance to work with a dynamic and global team
- The opportunity to make a major impact on a company on the leading edge of technology, data, and sports
- TrackMan Inc is a drug-free environment.
To apply, please complete the application, which can be found here.
The start date is as soon as possible, and interviews take place on an ongoing basis.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by Trackman Baseball.
Meg is the managing editor of FanGraphs, the host of FanGraphs Audio, and the co-co-host of Effectively Wild. Her work has previously appeared at Baseball Prospectus, Lookout Landing, and Just A Bit Outside.