Los Angeles Nationals (4) at Washington (6) | 19:05 ET
• The author has taken the liberty of assigning Stephen Strasburg a NERD score of 19 — i.e. the lowest number Strasburg could receive for the purposes of making the overall Game Score a 10.
• It’s for these sort of executive decisions that people often refer to me as “Carson Cistulli.”
• On other occasions, people call me other, horribler things.
MLB.TV Audio Feed: Dodgers Television (or Nationals Television, for what might be a more Strasburg-centric broadcast).
Seattle (0) at Los Angeles Americans (5) | 22:05 ET
• There’s a thin red line separating the current baseball season from a baseball season without a playoff race.
• The Angels, if I may submit a submission, are that thin red line.
• And Mike Trout is the Great Artist drawing said line.
MLB.TV Audio Feed: Mariners Television.
San Francisco (3) at San Diego (3) | 22:05 ET
• Let’s watch this game together at San Francisco’s Gordon Biersch Brewery, how about.
• Starting around 5pm PT, how about.
• With some other baseball-y baseball nerds.
MLB.TV Audio Feed: Giants Radio.
Here’s the complete schedule for all of today’s games, with our very proprietary watchability (NERD) scores for each one. Pitching probables and game times aggregated from MLB.com and RotoWire. The average NERD Game Score for today is 5.9.
The following Game Scores include the new and improved playoff-odds adjustment, which you can learn about in your brain by clicking here.
|Tim Hudson||ATL||6||4||5||3||6||PHI||Vance Worley||19:05|
|Tommy Hunter||BAL||6||1||4||10||4||NYA||Phil Hughes||19:05|
|Rick Porcello||DET||6||2||5||5||5||CLE||Fausto Carmona||19:05|
|Brett Myers||HOU||5||4||4||5||4||PIT||Brad Lincoln||19:05|
|Ted Lilly||LAN||5||4||10||6||19||WAS||Stephen Strasburg*||19:05|
|Jon Lester||BOS||6||10||6||6||6||TOR||Luis Perez*||19:07|
|Miguel Batista*||STL||5||3||6||8||8||FL||Chris Volstad||19:10|
|C.J. Wilson||TEX||6||8||8||7||5||TB||Jeff Niemann||19:10|
|Mike Leake||CIN||7||5||4||4||3||CHN||Rodrigo Lopez||20:05|
|Jake Peavy||CHA||8||2||7||0||10||MIN||Liam Hendriks*||20:10|
|Yovani Gallardo||MIL||8||7||5||3||3||STL||Kyle Lohse||20:15|
|Josh Collmenter||AZ||5||9||4||5||2||COL||Jason Hammel||20:40|
|Danny Duffy||KC||6||10||5||1||6||OAK||Gio Gonzalez||22:05|
|Felix Hernandez||SEA||9||0||10||5||6||LAA||Ervin Santana||22:05|
|Eric Surkamp*||SF||8||3||5||6||3||SD||Wade LeBlanc||22:05|
NERD represents an attempt to anticipate the watchability of a game for the baseballing enthusiast.
To learn more about Pitcher NERD, click here and scroll down a little.
To learn more about latest Team NERD, click here.
To learn how Game NERD Scores are calculated, click here.
* = Fewer than 20 IP, NERD at discretion of very handsome author.
Carson Cistulli has published a book of aphorisms called Spirited Ejaculations of a New Enthusiast.