Position: Web Developer
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely with the entire Baseball Operations department to design and develop new applications to help support the decision process around player development and player evaluation.
- Work closely with the Research & Development Department to support existing applications that directly support front office and field personnel decision making.
- Update existing applications to utilize newer client- and server-side frameworks
- Collaborate with members of the Baseball Operations department to create internal best practices for application development, QA testing and deployment
- Communicate with users to gather system requirements
- Create tests and documentation for bug fixes and new application features/functions
Experiences and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experience required
- Experience with both front and back-end development is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and deploy data driven web applications is required
- Experience using Python web frameworks such as Django, Flask, or Pyramid
- Experience with at least one of Python, Ruby, Perl, C++ and/or other programming languages is required
- Experience using jQuery and Bootstrap or other front-end framework
- Experience using Plotly, D3.js and other data visualization tools is a plus
- Experience with SQL and relational databases is required, including experience creating complex queries, stored procedures and functions
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database design is a plus
- Experience working with baseball data or delivering sports analysis tools and/or applications is a plus
- Ability to read, speak and comprehend English effectively
- Legally able to work in Canada
To apply, please visit this site and complete the application.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by the Toronto Blue Jays.
Meg is the managing editor of FanGraphs, the host of FanGraphs Audio, and the co-co-host of Effectively Wild. Her work has previously appeared at Baseball Prospectus, Lookout Landing, and Just A Bit Outside.