Position: Inside Edge Baseball Operations Intern
Location: Bloomington, MN
About Inside Edge:
Inside Edge Scouting Services specializes in data capture and analytics down to the finest details of every Major League game. Major League clubs, media, and other clients subscribe to their real-time pitch-by-pitch data, custom-tailored reports, and advanced analytic tools to gain an edge on their competition. They provide a fun, fast-paced work environment and an opportunity to get started on a career in baseball and differentiate yourself from other job seekers. Past interns have gone on to positions with both Major League clubs and media organizations.
Position Title & Description:
Candidates filling this position will gain valuable experience with technologies and processes increasing their qualifications to work in baseball and the broader sports industry. Hires can expect to begin training March 5. Interns will need to make a commitment to working most nights, weekends, and holidays over the course of the season.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Participate in a rigorous training program before the season starts
- Use Inside Edge software to enter and crosscheck live pitch and scoring data
- Mark actions to be reviewed by supervisors
- Add, review, and update qualitative player notes
- Review video replay ensuring integrity of charted data
- Update internal Inside Edge logs and databases
- Generate end of game reports
Wages and term of employment:
- March 5th through the end of the 2020 regular season (September 27th)
- Starting at $10 per hour
While in-depth training will be provided, candidates need a strong understanding of both the basics and subtleties of baseball games, and will be required to quickly and accurately recognize pitch types, locations, and scoring data.
- Fill out Inside Edge’s online screening, which can be found here.
- Send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include supplemental information and a quick note on what you’re including. A cover letter is unnecessary.
- Depending on the results, Inside Edge will contact you for a resume and to set up an interview.
The timeline for the hiring process can be found here.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by Inside Edge.
Meg is the managing editor of FanGraphs, the host of FanGraphs Audio, and the co-co-host of Effectively Wild. Her work has previously appeared at Baseball Prospectus, Lookout Landing, and Just A Bit Outside.