Position: Analyst, Baseball Research & Development
Job Description Summary:
The New York Mets are seeking a Data Analyst to work on its Research and Development team. The employee will analyze baseball data in order to build models that support player development, baseball operations, and scouting. The Analyst will report to the Director, Baseball Research and Development.
- Assist development team to create and integrate new tools into existing enterprise application.
- Collaborate with members of Research and Development team to maintain long term information and systems architecture for Baseball Operations.
- Write scripts which support data collection, automation, and report generation.
- Interface with Baseball Operations leadership on player evaluation, in-game strategy, scouting, and player development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or similar quantitative field.
- Strong experience querying and managing data with SQL.
- Demonstrated experience using statistical tools and packages in R or Python.
- Familiarity with baseball specific datasets (i.e., Trackman, Statcast, etc) and knowledge of current baseball research.
Please follow the link to the application and apply by January 25th.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by the New York Mets.
Meg is the managing editor of FanGraphs, the host of FanGraphs Audio, and the co-co-host of Effectively Wild. Her work has previously appeared at Baseball Prospectus, Lookout Landing, and Just A Bit Outside.