Position: Texas Rangers Baseball Systems Developer
Location: Arlington, Texas
The developer will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and expanding our baseball operations software systems. A knack for compelling visuals and design is preferred. The Rangers are looking for strong team players with outstanding people skills. Applicants who can provide code samples (any language, doesn’t have to be baseball related) will be given strong preference. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Web development, design and testing.
- Database queries to support the application.
- Designing and maintaining reports.
- Application support for the front office, scouts and coaches.
- Update and maintain internal system documentation.
- Passion for the game of baseball.
- 1-3 years professional experience in a similar capacity and/or degree in computer science preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Occasional evening, weekend and holiday availability. Support is provided 24/7/365 and is shared among the team.
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
Please apply here.
Meg is the managing editor of FanGraphs, the host of FanGraphs Audio, and the co-co-host of Effectively Wild. Her work has appeared at Baseball Prospectus, Lookout Landing, and Just A Bit Outside.