Position: Analyst, Baseball Research
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Statistical modeling and quantitative analysis to aid in the creation and improvement of models/tools for decision making in player development, game strategy, scouting, trades and free agency.
- Assist R&D department with data and model quality assurance.
- Prepare reports and presentations to disseminate information throughout baseball operations.
- Facilitate greater knowledge within R&D department of modeling best practices.
- Perform ad hoc quantitative projects to support baseball operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mathematics, statistics, economics, physics or other quantitative field.
- 1-5 years of full-time work experience in a quantitative field.
- Data analyst experience: ability to interpret and analyze statistics.
- Exceptional skill communicating complex statistical concepts.
- Experience with statistical programs such as R, Python, Matlab, SPSS, Stata.
Please visit this site to complete an application.
Meg is the managing editor of FanGraphs, the host of FanGraphs Audio, and the co-co-host of Effectively Wild. Her work has previously appeared at Baseball Prospectus, Lookout Landing, and Just A Bit Outside.