TrackMan Baseball, Coordinator of Baseball Analytics
Join the TrackMan team as a Coordinator of Baseball Analytics and gain valuable experience working in a fast moving company that is operating at the intersection of sports and technology.
Reporting to the General Manager and working in close collaboration with the Director of Marketing, Analytics & Data Integrity, the Coordinator of Baseball Analytics will support all aspects of TrackMan’s data quality process and play a key role in developing insights based on TrackMan’s unique measurements.
- Maintain integrity of baseball data from acquisition to data delivery.
- Investigate questions related to data accuracy and delivery, and consult with senior management on proper response to teams
- Serve as primary point of contact for team database administrators, ensure that senior management is aware of all complaints/concerns related to data accuracy and delivery
- Develop insights based on direction from senior management and conduct undirected research as time permits
- Participate in presentations to new and existing customers as needed
- Assist software developers in database administration
- Assist in planning and manage installation of TrackMan hardware in Major League and Minor League stadiums
- Work with senior management to create development specifications for automated health and accuracy checks
- Work with senior management to create specifications for consumer-facing analytic tools
- Travel up to 25% of time
- Other projects as needed
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, self-motivation, ability to work well with others and take initiative
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with MySQL, SQL Server, or similar databases.
- Strong knowledge of baseball and sabermetrics
- Bachelors or Masters degree in statistics, mathematics or related field
- 1-3 years of experience working in a data intensive role
- Knowledge of mongoDB
- Experience working with large baseball related data-sets
- Python or other scripting language experience is a plus
To apply, email a resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Coordinator of Baseball Analytics”
TrackMan develops, manufactures and sells 3D ball flight measurement equipment used in different sports. Today, TrackMan is a world leader in ball flight and club data measurements and the company is considered to have set the industry standards for accuracy in golf.
TrackMan Baseball measures the location, trajectory and spin rate of pitched and batted balls to provide real-time feedback for coaching and a new set of statistics for analyzing player performance. TrackMan Baseball is used by a majority of Major League baseball teams and select NCAA baseball programs. In addition, it is used for R&D and marketing purposes by bat manufacturers, and by broadcasters to power on-screen graphic
David Appelman is the creator of FanGraphs.